Saturday 19 September 2009

Wordle for this blog (1)

An H808 course colleague (Sirin) recently posted a fantastic list of favourite web 2.0 toys and tools for learning. One of them, Wordle, really caught my imagination. For those who don't know, "Wordle is a toy for generating “word clouds” from text that you provide. The clouds give greater prominence to words that appear more frequently in the source text. You can tweak your clouds with different fonts, layouts, and color schemes. The images you create with Wordle are yours to use however you like. You can print them out, or save them to the Wordle gallery to share with your friends" [wordle.net]

I thought I would post a Wordle of this blog, and update it every now and then as the blog develops. So here's what this blog 'looks like' at the moment.

Wordle: www.allies-in-elearning.blogspot.com

Images of Wordles are licensed Creative Commons License.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alice

    Several students have used Wordle very effectively in past courses so I will look forward to seeing how you employ it

    Best Wishes

    Alan

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is really funky! :-D
    I think I'm going to have to do that one for my blog...

    ReplyDelete